Footy season is in full swing and what better way of supporting your favourite team than wearing their colours? This fun scarf knitting pattern is perfect for match day at the oval or simply for showing your colours any day of the week!
To make a child’s scarf, simply reduce the stitches to make a narrower scarf and bind off at a shorter length. Did you miss our cute beanie pattern from our Winter 2019 issue? Simply click here for all the info!
For an adult’s STRIPY scarf You’ll need...
• 2 x balls Acrylic knitting yarn 100gms, 8 Ply (first colour)
• 2 x balls Acrylic knitting yarn 100gms, 8 Ply (second colour)
• Size 4.5mm knitting needles (US/UK size 7)
• Cast on 50 stitches in your first colour.
• Work in 1 x 1 Rib (Knit 1, Purl 1, Repeat) across row for 10 rows.
• Change to your second colour yarn work in 1 x 1 Rib for 10 rows.
• Alternate colours for length of the scarf, ending last 10 rows with your first colour choice
• Knit for desired length. Bind off. Weave in loose ends.